Sitting the balcony surveying the gorgeous beach and sea right in front of the hotel, you will be truly at peace and relaxed. Ideally located, the Cinque Terre is a 45 minute drive north, or scenic ferry ride (seasonal). Lucca, a true gem of a medieval walled city is 30 minutes away. A stone’s throw from the hotel is the artistic and historical town of Pietrasanta, as well as Pisa. But before heading out, be certain to enjoy the great restaurants, high fashion boutiques and lovely walks that Forte dei Marmi has to offer.
The beach life at Forte dei Marmi is glamorous with interesting people descending on the town in the high season from all over the world. Forte dei Marmi is a great family vacation spot where children can swim safely in the calm waters of the Mediterranean, bike all over town and walk to get gelato after dinner. Being only one hour on the highway from Florence, Forte dei Marmi and The Byron is a splendid option to spend a few days at the beach while touring Italy.
Highlights of Hotel Byron:
• Family owned and managed with a residential character, high quality appointments and understated elegance
• 29 accommodations including an elegant new Penthouse Suite
• Finest Michelin starred and award-winning Magnolia restaurant
• Outdoor swimming pool
• Poolside pizza oven for light snacks
• Tennis courts just steps away
• Forte dei Marmi offers boutique shopping with endless beaches and calm waters for children
• Centrally located for visiting the Cinque Terre, Lucca, Pietrasanta and Pisa
• Horseback riding nearby
• 18-hole Versilia Golf Course nearby