Originally a 19th century palazzo, The First was thoughtfully restored and transformed into an elegant and refined 5 star property with the sophistication of an aristocratic home in 2011. The ambiance of the hotel is set immediately as guests are greeted with a relaxed ‘living room’ check-in and a glass of Prosecco! A unique characteristic of the hotel is its display of impressive original pieces of contemporary artwork, created by some of the most important artists on the Italian art scene, displayed throughout common areas and suites. With its permanent and temporary exhibits, each room becomes a small private gallery, to be personally enjoyed by guests. The Michelin starred chef Alessandro Narducci has opened a brand new gourmet fish restaurant – Acquolina, which along with the rooftop restaurant and lounge bar enhance the guest’s experience of The Roman Dolce Vita.
The hotel enjoys a prime location and some of Rome’s most beloved sites, including Villa Borghese, and the masterwork collections at the Galleria Borghese, just minutes away. Guests can easily walk to the nearby Spanish Steps, or visit the Vatican museums and St. Peter’s Basilica.
Highlights of The First Hotel Roma include:
• Features 29 lovely rooms and suites
• Breathtaking views from the rooftop terrace which, from spring to fall, offers delightful outdoor dining
• Prime location within walking distance to many of Rome’s beloved sites including the Colosseum and the Spanish Steps
• Impressive art collection throughout public areas and rooms
• Recognized as the #1 hotel in Rome by Condé Nast Traveler Reader’s Choice Awards 2017 and #3 hotel in Rome, by Travel + Leisure 2017