The buildings and courtyards meticulously brought back to life by artisans and craftsmen now house one of the most sumptuous hotels in Italy featuring 74 rooms and suites. The location is perfect, just an easy 20 minute drive from Siena and nearby the area’s iconic destinations of San Gimignano, Cortona and the whole of Chianti. The kitchen is under the direction of Gordon Ramsay, the wine cellar is an oenophile’s playland and the ethereal spa will transport you right to heaven. The décor brings the entire village firmly back to modern times while accentuating the timeless craftsmanship that is everywhere in evidence at Castel Monastero.
While Castel Monastero is physically beautiful and enjoys an envious location, what sets it apart is the wide spectrum of “Tuscan Experiences” that the hotel offers. These experiences range from cooking classes and wine tastings at vineyards to experiencing the Palio di Siena from a private apartment in Siena. I should also mention that the enthusiasm and friendliness of the team at Castel Monastero greatly contribute to a perfect stay in this very special part of Tuscany.
Highlights of Castel Monastero:
• Spaciously appointed 74 rooms and suites surround the central courtyard
• Located just 20 minutes east of Siena and the famous Palio di Siena
• The resort has its own private chapel to accommodate weddings on property
• On the doorstep of the Chianti wine region and close to San Gimignano and Cortona
• Brand new Helicopter pad to expedite transfers and unique wine tours!
• Gourmet restaurant Contrada and Tuscan speciality La Cantina
• Three outdoor swimming pools and two indoor swimming pools
• World class Spa and Wellness Center featuring detox, slimming and anti-aging treatments
• An enthusiastic concierge team to arrange numerous activities such as cooking classes, wine tastings in local vineyards, opera in the courtyard or shopping excursions